God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.
I live by these words. I pray these words every day.
I often find myself reflecting on the past several year of my life. If I had to pick one word to describe this time it would be “CHANGE”.
So much has changed for me over the past year…
The change from:
- student to college graduate
- studying for tests to working full time
- being in love to having my heartbroken (twice)
- distorted viewpoints to mental clarity
- an illness to recovery
- being afraid of being hurt to being able to trust again
- limiting myself to having a passion for life
- being close minded to being open to new opportunities
- trusting someone new to falling in love with them
I could go on and on, the point I am trying to make, is that I am a changed person….a new person and I have never been happier in my life.
This was not an easy journey. These changes have tested my strength in so many ways. It has tested (and proved) the devotion of myself and my support team.
Like I have mentioned before, I am on Gods timeline. I was (for lack of better word) challenged by Him because He knew I was strong enough to overcome these challenges and make these changes. I believe He placed people into my life, to open my eyes and face reality- and He faded them out of my life because He knew I would stay true to myself and be stronger without them.
I have always been a woman on a mission. When I put my mind to something, I make it happen. I was, and still am committed, dedicated and passionate about the things that I love.
Change is a good thing.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What has changed in your life over the past months, years?
- Where these changes good, bad, uncomfortable?
- Regardless of how these changes made you feel, how did you confront them?
- How are you feeling with these changes now?